Wednesday, September 30, 2009

If only...

If only I were 16 again, I would want a VW bug for my first car.


If only 3 car seats would fit in the backseat, I would want a VW bug for a car right now.










If only the trunk of the VW bug would fit more than 4 bags of groceries, I would want one for my "go to the grocery store" car.

If only I had extra money lying around to buy a "doing errands, going to the grocery store, totally impractical" car, I would want a VW bug.







If only I wasn't totally afraid of flipping a car over (and I have done this before) and not having a roof above my head, I would want a convertible VW bug so that Tate and I could ride around with the "shed" down.

As luck would have it, today we experienced the next best thing to owning a VW bug. Our neighbor bought one for his newly 16 year old daughter. He graciuosly let us take it for a little spin in the neighborhood. It is amazingly roomier than I had imagined. I also thought it would feel as if I were driving a skateboard, but it doesn't. It feels safer somehow than I thought it would and higher off the ground, too. It was quite the highlight of my day, maybe even my week. Cora summed it up with her two statements : "I excited, I excited!" and "Yay, mommy, yay mommy!"



A bug suits me, don't you think?

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment