Monday, September 7, 2009

Manic Monday

Just another manic Monday,

wishing it were another Sunday,

my fun day.



Ok, all you eighties babies out there, raise your hand if you remember that song?



As if I am not crazy enough, I decided that one theme day for the week isn't enough for me. I wanted a Manic Monday, too, just so I could put those lyrics on my blog. We shall see how long this one will last as well. The idea about Manic Monday posts is that they will be mostly about, well, just odds and ends, possibly all jumbled up with no rhyme or reason, confessions, pet peeves, - so pretty much like most of my posts but with a catchy name and theme song.



For many people, Mondays are indeed manic. It's usually a fairly tough day for most because you have to get back in the swing of things, head to work, and get the kids off to school or daycare or whatnot. Other than the getting up early and getting ready for school thing, Mondays are not that manic around here. I actually look forward to Mondays because I use them as what I call my "catch up" day. I catch up on what all I did not do on the weekends. I get the place back into order, if you will. Many times, on the weekends, we are busy going places, playing outside, doing errands, or just being lazy watching T.V. or taking naps. It seems like we let the dishes stay in the sink a little longer, the clothes stay in the dryer a litte longer, the laundry baskets get fuller, and so on. So, on Monday mornings, I typically get caught up on the wash, the dishes, the grocery shopping, etc. Sounds exciting, huh? For a neat freak, organizer wannabe like me, it is. I love when everything is in order, or at least appears to be. I love when I know what I need to go buy and go buy it and it is neatly placed in my cabinets and fridge. I like when my clothes are washed and folded and put away so I don't have to worry that someone will run out of clean underwear or t-shirts without my knowing it. I always hate it when that happens because then I have to sneak the dirty t-shirt (or underwear) into the dryer for a few minutes to "freshen" it up so that I can "trick" the wearer into believing it is clean. Truly, I have only done that once, ok, maybe twice, and I was desperate, ok? And, I have promised to never, ever do it again.





Wanna share some of the mania in your life? Feel free to leave a comment!



Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment