Thursday, September 10, 2009

FFF (funny farm friday) - Potty Training Woes

Oh, the woes of potty training! Just to share a few random thoughts from my experiences this week... in my favorite format - numbered lists.....





1. I really, really dislike potty training. You would think that by number three, I would know what I am doing. But, honestly, I have no idea. None, whatsoever. I can not begin to tell you how many pairs of underwear we have gone through per day this week. Oh, my, is it frustrating! Short of withholding all drinks from Cora, I really don't know what to do. Whoever told me potty training a little girl was easier than potty training little boys, lied. Or, I really just don't know what I'm doing.



2. Cora and I went to the library this week. While there, we had a potty training incident (in a pull up, Thank you very much) but I had forgotten to take in the bag with the extra pull ups in it but failed to remember this until after I had already taken her soiled one off and thrown it in the trash. So, I had to let Cora go commando while we walked back to my car to get a new pull up. Thankfully, she had on a dress that was long enough to disguise this fact.



3. Did you know that they make toddler size toilets? I'm not talking about the portable ones but actual toddler size toilets that are attached to the ground and pipes and look just like adult ones? I know, it's amazing, but it's true. I know this because the library has one in the kids' book section. Who knew? Obviously, I did not. Cora thought it was great! She took one look at it and said "Oooh! wook at dat baby potty!" She was quite excited about using the small potty. If it meant that she would do #1 and #2 in the potty ALL the time, and not just SOME of the time, I would have one installed in my house. Well, maybe not. But, I'd want to. After this disasterous week of potty training, I'd really, really want to.

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment