Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yum, yum chicken

In the effort to make my posts more diverse (something other than my kids, or what we did with the kids, or what the kids say, wear, or do, etc.), I thought I'd share a recipe. This recipe came from my mother-in-law, and I think it was posted on the AJC.com's recipe page. She made this for the first time on Saturday for our monthly dinner at Margie's house, and trust me, it was a hit. A huge hit. Even my kids liked it. Even better, Tate liked it. And, trust me, he can be hard to please sometimes. There I go again, talking about the kids. I just can't seem to help myself.

So, in an effort to re-create Margie's success, make Tate happy, as well as do something slightly different with chicken, I asked her for the recipe and thought I'd share. So, here it is: (just to warn you, I didn't say it was healthy...)

Cheesy Sour Cream Herb Chicken

1 1/2 cups dry herb seasoned stuffing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
1/4 cup sour cream
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine stuffing, cheese, and butter. Stir well to combine and moisten, breaking up any large stuffing pieces. Transfer to a plate or pie pan.

Lightly spread sour cream over chicken and coat with stuffing mixture, pressing well to adhere. Place chicken on a lightly oiled, foil-lined 13 by 9 inch baking sheet. Put any extra mixture on top of chicken. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the coating is crisp and the chicken is cooked through.

Yum, yum chicken. That's all I gotta say.

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment