Monday, September 28, 2009

The Birthday Boy




It's official. Ben is five. The Birthday boy had a great time at his little party. We had typical party fare: pizza, cake, and icecream (plus I threw in a salad and fruit for good measure - I thought why not throw something a little healthy in!).




I must say he got some pretty cool stuff. A nintendo DS, DS games and accessories, yellow balls of all sizes, an assortment of sports balls, a BB gun, movies, monster trucks, the list goes on! I just don't remember getting that much stuff when I was five!








A little story to go along with why we gave him a DS. We always said we'd wait about a nintendo DS until the kids were older. No need to give them video games so soon. I had already bought Ben's birthday present months before (there was a great sale, what can I say?) Two weeks before his birthday he relentlessly began asking every day for a DS. Every day. Without fail. Now, you may be thinking so what? All kids do that. Not Ben. We always have a difficult time figuring out what to get Ben because Ben just goes with the flow which usually means whatever Tate wants, Ben wants. Or, whatever we suggest to Ben, he wants. This was the FIRST time that we can recall Ben actually coming to us with an idea of something he REALLY WANTED. We put it off, we tried to convince him otherwise, we relented and bought the Nintendo DS. He LOVES it! And, what is super cool to us is that he is the first child to get one, even though he is not the oldest child. You may be thinking, so what? Well, Ben is the middle child, the second boy so he pretty much gets all of Tate's leftovers, his hand-me-downs, his old toys, etc. So, for Ben to get something that even Tate has never had is pretty cool in my book. It's also about time! I feel bad for Ben sometimes because I feel like Tate and Cora get all the new stuff while Ben is "stuck" in the middle with the "old" stuff. (I actually get Ben more than I probably need to but still...). And, though I thought he might be too young to grasp how to use the DS, I was mistaken. He is now teaching me how to use the DS.

Yum, yum, yum, cookie cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment