Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sleeping like a baby











Oh, to be able to sleep like this again. Some of my favorite times of the day are naptime and bedtime. Kids look so peaceful when they sleep, so quiet, so sweet, almost angelic. It makes you forget about the time you spent during the day scolding them, threatening them, sitting them in time out, prodding them to eat, begging them to pick up their toys, etc. You look at their sweet little faces and wonder if this could possibly be the same child that chunked their shoe at you while driving to Wal-Mart or demanded at the top of their not so little voice that you bring them a sippy NOW or cried uncontrollably when you said no, they could not drink a coke with dinner or have yet another pack of Scooby snacks.

Is it just me or do my kids look really worn out in these pictures? These were taken after grueling days of playing hard, swimming, camping, and going to school. I love how they can sleep just about anywhere, in any position, with any number of stuffed animals piled all around them. Don't you wish you could sleep like that again? I don't know if it is possible to sleep that soundly after having kids or after turning 30. I know it isn't for me.
Lolly






Posted by Picasa








No comments:

Post a Comment