Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Horsin' around







This past weekend we went horseback riding and apparently, fence climbing. When I say "we", I really mean the kids. And, when I say "horseback riding", I really mean the kids got on the back of a horse and rode around in circles. This was an introduction to horses for the kids. So, like any good horse rider, the boys donned their jeans and boots and were ready for action. (Ben opted for jean shorts, but close enough). To say that they enjoyed themselves would be an understatement. They really loved it! Cora may have loved it the most. Again, my little girl proves that the third child is born fearless. If my memory serves me right, she was the first to want to get on the horse, though Tate was the one who wanted to go ride a horse in the first place. Tate and Ben, upon seeing the horse, did not want to ride. But, after seeing their little sister ride the horse, they warmed back up to the idea. I think that they just didn't want to be outdone by their baby sister and really, who could blame them?










Tate rode by himself while Cora and Ben rode in a buddy seat behind a friend. I stood safely behind the fence, where I belong, watching my children show no fear in riding such a large animal. I am slightly afraid of horses or any animal that is bigger than me. I think that is very reasonable, though, now that I think about it, there are many animals smaller than me that I should be very afraid of. Horses should probably be the least of my worries.


1 comment: