Thursday, August 20, 2009

Consignment sale high




My name is Laura Richard and I am a consignment sale junkie. There, I admitted it. I am still "on high" from shopping tonight (Wed.) at a church consignment sale. I started the night off fairly well. I first searched the big items (nothing to be found that we "needed"). I then took off for the shoes, bypassing the holiday dresses because I knew we already had those. First stop, the girls shoes. I found a few promising pair, including a pair of somewhat hideous pink cowboy boots that I knew Cora would adore.




On to the boy shoes which was a bit disappointing, however, I did find one possible future pair for Tate. At this point, I still felt I was doing well maintaining my excitement and choosing wisely. I then began the descent into the little girls size 3T. After the first two racks, I was feeling really good about myself. I was being choosy and really thinking things through. Then, I got to the next couple of racks and my dissolve began to falter. I began finding really cute stuff that I could not resist. All of a sudden, my bag was getting fuller and fuller.






I checked my watch....I was running out of time. I hadn't even looked at boy clothes yet but I convinced myself that the boy stuff isn't usually all that good anyway. I continued to look through other racks of girl stuff (sizes too big and too small for Cora but I thought I should glance anyway). I had to tear myself away from some really cute 4T dresses that wanted me to buy them but I knew Cora could not wear for a while. I reminded myself that I could indeed find good deals again. I only had about 1/2 an hour left to look at boy stuff and go through my pile to decide what I would keep. So, I hurriedly looked at the boy stuff (nothing caught my eye) and went to "cull out" the items that I had in my bag. Well, that didn't go so well because I only talked myself out of one item. One measly item is all that I put back. I tried to tell myself that it was only because I had done such a good job at only picking out the stuff I really, really liked. In actuality, it is that I have very little self control when it comes to buying girl clothes. Very little to none. And, it is a good deal, right? That's my mantra. And I'm sticking to it.





So, I decide to leave - I have enough, a girl has to set some limits. And, what do I do on my way out? I stop to peak at the holiday (mostly Christmas, some Halloween) wear (remember, I skipped it before because I didn't need any holiday wear?) You'll be glad to know, I talked myself out of the cute stuff I found in that section. However, I also stopped by another rack that had a cute blue jean dress that I did not talk myself out of.






Then, I stopped at the halloween costume rack and picked up a TinkerBell outfit...all of this way ON MY WAY OUT! But, I decided to just get them, after all It is a good deal, right? And that's my mantra and I'm sticking to it.




And, how could any respectable Georgia Bulldog fan resist this? I mean, it is a good deal, right? I say, yes, it is, and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment