Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dora, Dora, Dora the Explorer

Dora Dora Dora the Explorer
Boots and super-cool explorer Dora
Grab Your Backpack!
Let's go!
Jump in
vaminos!
You can lead the way!

Can you guess where we went on Saturday morning? That's right! We went to see Dora the Explorer, Live! at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. When the boys were little, we took them to see a Dora show and they really enjoyed it so when we heard it was back in town, we thought we'd check it out. I waited until the last minute though (I looked it up online on Thursday and the show was the same weekend, I almost missed it!). Luckily, we were able to get tickets and better than that, I found a great promotional code to buy one get one free. Always excited about a good deal, I snatched us up 6 tickets! It would have been a great deal except all of those service fees...is there any way to get around those?


Due to this exciting deal, we had an extra ticket so we took my future daughter-in-law, I mean, we took a friend of ours. We had a great time.

Here's Cora before we left in her piggies. They were pulled out before we left the house. I swear I can't get the girl to keep anything in her hair. I think I will start buying hats and see if she'll at least wear those. (also, you'll notice a change in outfit in the other pics - gotta love potty training!)



Here we are before the show in front of the Fabulous Fox Theatre.






Enjoying popcorn, coke, and gummies while we wait for the show to start.




And, this picture is, well, I am not sure where. It's at the Fox, maybe somewhere outside the bathrooms. PreacherMan took this while us girls were in the "ladies room".


Is it just me, or do those grins look a bit fake?
The boys may or may not admit this but I think that they enjoyed this as much if not more than the girls. They were pretty into it with the chanting and singing and yelling out stuff. I think they really like the atmosphere of it all. And, I have to admit, so do I.
Afterwards, we stopped at The Varsity for a few naked dogs, onion rings, and chili dogs. And guess what we learned? It was shocking to us...there are 6 year old girls who like chili dogs (and orange varsity drinks). We couldn't believe it when our friend (a teeny little girl, at that) requested a chili dog. "A chili dog?" I asked. "You like chili dogs?" "Yep, and those orange drinks, too." she replied. Gotta love a girl who knows what she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment