Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friends, future husbands, and such

This is my friend Jill (with my middle son) who is the same age as me, born in the same month, at the same hospital. In fact, she was born a mere two days before me on my actual due date. We may have very well been nursery mates way back then. And, who knew, all those many years ago, that now we would be such good friends. The funny thing is we did not meet until we were in our early 20's. How weird is that? We lived our entire lives in neighboring towns. We both went to the same college and were education majors but we never met or had a class together or anything. We met through mutual friends either when we were about to graduate college or maybe we were out of college, I'm not exactly sure. What I am sure about is that we could have been separated at birth, we are that much alike. I would even think that it might be a possibility except the fact that I look just like my family and she looks just like hers.








Her little boy, Lane, is my Cora's future husband. He is about 7 months older than she so it should work out perfectly. We have big plans for the two of them. They will marry and our families will be united forever. They will have children and all of us will go on big family vacations together. Sounds lovely, right? I really wish it were that simple. Now that I have kids, pre-arranged marriage doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. In fact, I really, really like the idea of picking their spouses. I'm not so sure that my kids would like the idea but that is so far, far, far down the road that we won't even think of it right now.

Seriously, wouldn't this picture look cute one day on the table at their wedding reception along with all their other cute baby pictures? I mean, it's destiny, right? I'm probably wrong because they will probably grow up to be more like brother and sister and would never in a million years think of one another in that way. But, I can dream a little, right?




I have also picked out a few options for my boys as well. The selection pool mainly consists of kids from my church. Like this little lady...I figure she could be the wife of either of the boys. She smiles all the time, no kidding, so I know she'll be a wonderful daughter-in-law one day.



Of course, I am only kidding about all of this - well, sort of. I do wish I had a small hand in picking the spouses for my children. After all, I will have to be a part of their family and they will have to be a part of mine. All kidding aside, I think the best thing for me to do is start praying now for my kids (and their future spouses) that one day God would send them the right person at the right time. And, of course, that they would recognize who it is they should be with because that's not always easy. Maybe I should also pray that I won't be a meddling mother-in-law because right about now, I probably sound like I will be.
Lolly











No comments:

Post a Comment