Saturday, August 29, 2009

The chicken and the egg

Tonight (Saturday) we brought home a very interesting specimen from Grandma Margie's house. I have most certainly never seen anything like it before. I most certainly will probably never see anything like it again.


These are the directions.









This is what it looks like after around 12 hours.




This is what it looks like after another 12 hours.



And another 12 or so hours.



And by day 4, we have a fully hatched chicken. Though I did have to help him along a bit. I finally fished him out of the cup and took the bottom part of his legs out of the shell. I figured we all need a little helping hand from time to time and frankly, it's time to get this show on the road.





Now, according to the directions, which haven't been very accurate, I can now put him in a new container to watch him to continue to grow. What I am not sure about is just how long will I have to keep him and do I continue to let him sit in water? The directions leave out that part.


I wonder what this chick is actually made of. The directions boldly state DO NOT EAT so I know whatever it is its not good. I also have developed an extreme diversion to touching him or having my children touch him. I just don't know exactly what it is or what it is made of so it gives me the heebie jeebies a little bit. Kind of like hotdogs. And bologna. If I think too much about those two foods and what may or may not be in them, I feel that same kind of aversion.
This chick's days are now numbered. I mean, I can only keep a chick in a cup of water on my kitchen counter for a limited amount of time. The question is - how do I explain his disappearance?
Lolly










No comments:

Post a Comment