Friday, October 2, 2009

Prayer Request

Tonight I really didn't know what I wanted to post about. I have lots of stuff I could ramble on and on about but I couldn't quite figure out where to start. So, I started reading some of my favorite blogs and quickly found out that tonight there is something much more to concern ourselves with. Friends of mine from high school that I was recently reconnected with are in real need of prayer today, tonight, and in the future. They have 3 beautiful girls, recently adopted a sweet baby boy (who happens to have down syndrome), and have been in the process of adopting a sweet little girl from somewhere in Eastern Europe (who also happens to have down syndrome). Apparently, when children with disabilities in that particular region reach a certain age, they are transferred from an orphanage to a mental institution. Ruslana (the little girl that they are trying to adopt) is scheduled to be moved in two weeks. This is devastating news because often times, the children moved to the institutions do not survive for very long and for some reason may not be allowed to be adopted. There have been many road blocks in their way and they are so very close to being able to go get her. This is a real blow to them. I believe they are godly people trying to do what God has called them to do. My friend has asked for everyone to pray for this situation, to pray that God will make a way for them to rescue her. Please visit her blog to find out more about their journey. Please pray for them.
http://www.nogreatergift.blogspot.com/


Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment