Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My newest obsession - leg warmers

No, no, not leg warmers for me. Though, I do think I read something about a come back. I'm talking about leg warmers for Cora. In the last few months, I have stumbled upon blogs that have featured BabyLegs. For those of you, like me, who had never heard of them, babylegs are leg warmer type things for babies/toddlers. They come in a variety of colors and styles and are absolutely adorable. They can be worn like tights (from top of thigh to ankle), leg warmers (below knee to ankle), leggings (top of thigh to just below knee), like arm warmers with short sleeve shirts, etc. Pretty much, whatever way you want to wear them, you can wear them.

Pretty innovative, don't you think? Guess who came up with them? A stay at home mom who was looking for a way to keep her daughter's legs warm while recovering from a severe diaper rash that was being treated by not wearing a diaper. Whew! That was a long, rambling sentence. Anyway, another million dollar idea by someone who had a small problem that needed to be fixed so they fixed it by inventing something that others would want too. (Ok, I am on a roll with the long, rambling sentence thing.) I sure wish I could be one of those fix-it people who can come up with another million dollar idea.

Back to my newest obsession.... I recently purchased a few pair of BabyLegs (or at least some form of them...not sure if they are authentic BabyLegs but that's a whole 'nother topic) for Cora.

I adore them. I love them. I wish I could wear them. But, I can't and I won't, not even in the privacy of my own home where no one would know.

Take a look at these adorable leg warmers. (Aren't they just yummy? I love pretty things.)



Take a look at these adorable legs in the leg warmers.




Take a look at this other set of adorable legs in the leg warmers.







That's right, folks. Babylegs, leg warmers, etc. are not only for girls but can be worn by boys as well. They come in a variety of boy colors and patterns. (The above pictured pair are not necessarily what I would get for a boy but since he insisted on trying a pair, these were most "boyish". ) I do think that they are most useful and versatile for girls and even baby boys. However, they could be used underneath jeans/pants to add an extra layer of warmth or on the arms as "sleeves" for toddler boys and a bit older. Since my kids all sleep with very little clothing, these might actually be a good option to sleep in to keep their legs warm.

Are you in love with them yet? Just wait until I have pictures of Cora wearing them with her outfits. I am sincerely hoping that she will love them as much as I do. I am hoping that she will at the very least keep them on so that she will not freeze this winter. The child does not keep her clothes on so I must find a way to keep at least a portion of her body warm. I also think they will be a great alternative to tights. Plus, they are just so cute and pretty! And functional, too!

Tonight, I even found some for the boys with flames on them. Now, that's cool. Even Tate says so. And, if Tate says so, then it must be true.


Lolly












No comments:

Post a Comment