Saturday, June 26, 2010

Father's Day 2010

We took Ada Grace to church for the first time on Sunday - for Father's Day!



Later that day, we (my parents, sister, and our family) had steak, potatoes, and salad for our father's day dinner. It was YUMMY! Craig grills the best steaks! We buy filets at Leonard's and Craig marinates them for a few hours, then grills them. We would rather cook our own than go out to a restaurant for steaks. Plus, it's a lot cheaper!


For Father's day this year, I tried to get a little creative. I have a hard time coming up with meaningful gifts for Craig so I came up with this idea to send he and our kids on little "adventures" this summer. The idea is for each child to have a day adventure with Craig - just he and one kid per activity. I thought this would be pretty cool because we usually always go places as a family and this way he would be able to have one-on-one time with each of the kids.


I am so excited about this because I think he and the kids will really enjoy spending a day together! So, I made up these cards (one from each child) "inviting" him to go somewhere. I had given the kids each a list of places that I thought they would like to go and let them choose where to "take Daddy".



Tate chose to go to the Medieval Times and Tournament dinner/show at Discover Mills. They will also spend some time at Bass Pro Shop and the Skate Park at Discover Mills when they go to the show.



Ben chose the Georgia Aquarium followed by some playtime at the water fountains at Centenniel Olympic Park.






Cora chose the Frances Meadows Aquatic Center in Gainesville which has pools and water slides and water fountains/attractions for toddlers and kids.





Ada gave him a subscription to a camping magazine and the whole family will go on a small camping trip in the fall.





With a little help from Craig planning the best days to attend these events, we have already lined up when they are going. Cora's trip is going to be next week, then Ben's is the next, and Tate's will be the following week. I can't wait! I know that they are really going to enjoy their one-on-one time with their Daddy. I'm excited just to get to hear all about it when they come home!


Lolly









Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies out there!

1 comment:

  1. Love the gift idea, Laura! Maybe Jeffrey will be open to the "pink tie" idea once he sees this post. Way to go, Craig!

    ReplyDelete