Monday, March 1, 2010

February Snow days


In honor of the possibility of yet another snow (unheard of around these parts) this year, I thought I'd share a few photos from the snow we had in February.

If my memory is correct, it started to snow on a Friday afternoon and just kept snowing and snowing and snowing. We had been sick that week with the dreaded stomach bug that is currently rearing its ugly head in everyone's home. I was still recovering from it and the kids were doing fairly well by Friday. Anyway, we oohed and ahhed over the snow but didn't even bother getting out in it on Friday. Not sure why. Laziness maybe.

On Saturday, we woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland! We bundled up, headed to my mama's for breakfast, and played in the snow. Well, the kids and Craig played in the snow while I took pictures. I'll use the remnants of the stomach bug and my growing belly as my excuse for lack of playing. I actually was a little on the cautious side...my center of gravity is way off right now and the last thing I wanted to do was end up on my bum on the ice or snow.
Snow forts were built, snowballs were thrown, a snowman was erected, and a first for all the Richard children - they were able to ride a sled!
At first, Craig put Ben and Cora on the sled and just pulled them around and then pushed them down a small hill. Then, we had the bright idea to tie a rope to the sled and to the back of the golfcart and drive around with them "sledding" behind. Great fun!
I would have loved to try this but alas, being 22 or 23 weeks pregnant at the time, I thought better of it. I could only imagine falling off, being taken to the ER, and explaining that I had fallen off a sled while being pulled behind a golfcart. Maybe next year, I'll get my chance.
Needless to say, the kids had a ball. I had fun watching them and photographing it all. Even more fun was going in, having to strip them all down because they were soaked through (we don't really own snow clothes here in Georgia), finding another set of clothes, and then doing it all over again a few hours later.
Who knows - maybe tomorrow, we will be doing this again!
Lolly










No comments:

Post a Comment