Monday, March 15, 2010

Tea Anyone?

On Saturday, I really loved having a little girl. (Not that I don't always, but you know what I mean.) It was fun doing something kind of girly for a change.


We started the day off something like this.














Five seconds later, the birthday girl looked something like this. And, she remained that way for the rest of the party. She refused the hat and the feather boa for the rest of the party. In typical Cora fashion might I add.


We were trying for a before party mama-daddy-Cora picture and this was the best we could do. This was the only one that Cora was not scowling in but Craig's head is a wee bit cut off and my belly looks the size of a house, but, oh well, at least we are all together in one picture to commemorate the event. (Thinking back, I'm not sure why we didn't all get closer together which would have made it much easier on the picture taker. Sorry, picture taker.)

This is an example of a classic Cora picture. No smiles. Unless of course, she WANTS to smile. And, you don't ask her to smile. And, she doesn't know you have a camera or are trying to take her picture. She's photogenic that way.

Here are the kids at the table ready for the tea to be poured and the real party to begin. Notice the lack of hat for Cora. I wasn't kidding when I said she did not put it back on the ENTIRE rest of the time.
Ben is really excited to have his picture taken right here. He was as cooperative here as Cora usually is.
Here we finally have a photogenic child!! Tate must be the "ham" of the family. I'm not sure why he has the "thumbs up" symbol but that's his new thing for pictures. That, and the peace sign, and giving people bunny ears.
Mallory is also photogenic. She knows how to make a good picture. And, she enjoys a good hat. The same is true for her older sister, Destany (pictured below). They know how to act at a tea party. I'm sure it will rub off on Cora one day.
I have pictures of Cora unwrapping her presents but they all basically consist of her ripping them open, barely looking at them, and throwing them to the side, and then picking the next one. It was quite hilarious because she would get something and then "give it away". All of her clothes were "given" to Mallory and Destany. (In fact, after they left and we were cleaning up, Cora exclaimed that the girls had left their new clothes!) One of her coloring books was given to Ben. Not sure what she gave to Tate. The one thing she did hold on to was a 69 cent Princess Coloring book. Go figure. They always like the simple things the best.
Craig and I presented her with our gift last. A princess convertible coupe. This isn't a great picture but seeing as how she was moving rather quickly in a circle, I did the best I could do here. When she first saw it, she said "That's mine!", jumped in while Ben quickly called shotgun, and off they went. In a circle. Over and over and over. In a circle. That's all she will do. What can I say, she must really like circles. Or, is she practicing her "throwing donut" skills?
(And, I just HAVE to throw this in, I bought this car at a consignment sale for fairly cheap, with two batteries, and it's in really good condition. It was a HUGE deal for me! I was super excited when I found this - but that's a whole 'nother story for another time.)

After the party, when everyone had left, all the kids stripped down to their undies. Evidently, wearing clothes for a few hours was just too much for them. They all climbed into our bed to watch a little T.V. and unwind from the big party. A few minutes later, this is what we found. Cora was laying practically on top of Ben, both fast asleep, and Tate was enjoying playing the DS. It was a glorious day!
And, I also wanted to take this time to acknowledge that Grandma Margie won "best dressed" (besides the birthday girl, of course) at the tea party. Grandma Margie, you win an extra scoop of chocolate ice cream for your efforts.

It was truly a busy, fun day for all of us. I can't believe Cora is turning 3 (tomorrow, actually)! She is such a big girl! She is headstrong, stubborn, has a mouth like no other almost 3 year old that I know, super smart, funny, loving, girly yet tough as nails, loves baths, talkative, night owl, independent, and she amazes us everyday. We all adore her and I think she knows it!

Happy Birthday to my best girl!

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment