Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break Happenings...

Our stay-cation has been going well. No pictures so far but here's what we've been doing....

On Monday, the kids went to their Grandma Margie's. While they played at her house, Craig mowed the lawn and did yardwork. I checked out the new library that is near the Hampton's off of GA400. It is so nice! I have to say, I loved the smell of the new library. The new building smell, the new carpet smell, the new bookshelf smell, the new BOOK smell! Yum. I may have to go every day. Seriously, it is a really nice place. The books are so new and fresh. And, the selection was very good as well. I really do want to take advantage of having this new library so close to home and take the kids and just go by myself, too. I love, love, love to read but don't always take the time. Sometimes, I don't take the time because I take TOO much time when I do read. I read super fast but get super involved in a book so when I do read, that is ALL I will do. I will finish a book in one day just because I don't want to stop. Then, I feel like I have done nothing. I need more self-control when reading and take my time.



After a much needed afternoon nap, we all piled in the car to go watch a high school baseball game. We went to see the Lambert Longhorns play Gainesville at Lambert High School. A friend and former coach of Tate's is the head coach at Lambert so we went to support his team. A relatively cheap thing for us to do because Craig works for the school system, our kids are little enough to be free and the guy selling tickets let me in free as well (this doesn't always happen at all school events). We did buy some food at the concession stand which was a bit pricey. Next time, we plan to take a small cooler/bag with our own food, snacks, and drinks. It was really nice because we sat on a grassy spot in the shade where the kids had room to run around a bit. Afterwards, we went to Dairy Queen for some more food and icecream! It would have been a cheap outing if we didn't have to eat!



On Tuesday, we had a nice day at home. We had been given a wonderful gift of steaks, potatoes, salad, and all the fixins' so we invited my family over for lunch and grilled out. The rest of the afternoon we spent outside playing, reading, and Craig worked on the camper a little bit. It was really a nice, relaxing day where we just hung out. We all kind of got to do what we wanted....played, ate, read, just a little bit of everything while right here at home. And, we didn't spend a dime....even better!



On Wednesday, we thought we'd run some errands and pick up a few things at BJ's. We were almost there and I remembered that I had forgotten to get the BJ's card from my mom's house. Since we were already in town, we decided to do a little shopping anyway. We went to Barnes and Noble (where we had multiple gift cards to) and browsed the aisles, let the kids pick out a few books, and had a grand time. We don't go to bookstores often but when we do we always say how we should go more. It's so much fun because there is just so much there to see. The kid section had a toy train in it that the kids played with for a while. They also really enjoyed picking out new books. Plus, there are other activity and crafty type things you can buy as well. Craig was in hog heaven in the magazine section. Something for everyone! I even have a few gift ideas in mind for a few folks. We topped off the visit by applying for a teacher discount (20% off) card and so we were even more thrilled when we checked out! We even had some $$$ left on the gift card. It's so much fun to buy stuff when you don't actually spend any money, isn't it?

Afterwards, we let the kids decide where to eat and they chose....PIZZA! So, we went to CiCi's Pizza, ate way too much, let the kids play in the game room (even bought them tokens which we NEVER do), they won some great treasures (READ: JUNK) that they were thrilled with and that was our adventure of the day! The rest of the day we hung out at the house, played outside, took naps, that sort of thing. The great thing about our kiddos is that they like to go places, but they like it at home as much as we do!

lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment