Friday, January 15, 2010

Camper Fever

Remember a few posts back, I referred to the way Tate gets obsessed with something and that he gets that adorable trait from me and Craig?

I thought I'd share one of our current "crazes". It has actually been around for some time now. We have camper fever. We really want a camper. The problem is that the campers that we want are, well, let's say, they are a bit out of our price range. Why is it always that way? Why do we always want the things that are not quite in our reach?

Regardless of the fact that we really aren't at the point of being able to purchase our dream camper, we (mainly Craig) continues to look online at them. We even went to the camper show which was probably not the smartest thing to do because then you REALLY want what you can't have, if you know what I mean.

So, Craig and I have come up with a slightly attainable goal of what me MIGHT be able to spend on a camper. HUGE emphasis on the MIGHT. HUGE emphasis. I still think we might be just dreaming. Anyway, though we know the number in our heads, Craig continues to look at the ones that are WAY out of the ballpark. He says it doesn't hurt anything because it's just fun to look. But, I disagree. I am on the side of why even look at them if we can't get them and just get our hopes up for something that will never be. Plus, it makes it that much harder to look at what we MIGHT be able to get because then they just don't measure up. Are you staying with me here?

And, because he enjoys a good road trip (He is out of his mind), he looks at campers that are in far away places, like Minnesota or Ohio or Sascatchewan (?). Ok, maybe I am exaggerating. He usually does stick to the United States. There are some really good deals on faraway campers but what if you get there and it is not quite what they said it was? I say to stick close to home. Craig likes to look elsewhere. He likes to show me all of his "finds" on campers. I have finally instructed him that I will only get up and look at ones in the South East, preferably within an hour (or two, or three, maybe four for the right one) of our home.

So, you may ask why we have camper fever? We went camping a few times this summer and it surprised us how much we enjoyed it. Now, I will confess, I am not a naturey, outdoorsy, granola girl. I like air conditioning, T.V., showers, and my bed. That's why I like camping with campers. It is like a mini home. They have EVERYTHING. Showers, potties, running water, BEDS, a fridge, ELECTRICITY, even T.V. Camping has come along way from tents, BABY. That kind of camping is not for me. Just being honest. I like my creature comforts. Campers are the way to go. It's so much fun because the kids get out and play, you can ride bikes, you can take walks and hikes, and play in the rivers and creeks, and swing on rope swings, and read, and the list goes on and on. It is truly a way to spend more time outside being active with your family which is something I don't always make myself do otherwise. And, you can take lots of little "mini-vacations". Just go to a campground for a night or two. Come back for church on Sunday. You could explore National parks. It's endless what you could do with a camper. Camp on the river, camp on the lake, camp at Disney, camp at Lake Lanier Islands, camp in the mountains.

Camper Fever. We got it bad. Real bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment