Wednesday, February 9, 2011

You are my obsession

I frequently become obsessed with various things. In the next few posts, I thought I'd share a few of my latest obsessions....



Chicken Buffalo Dip: I have recently become obsessed with buffalo chicken dip or chicken buffalo dip (whichever way you want to say it, I think I use it interchangeably). My sister had made it years ago and I had her make it at Christmas for our get-together. It's deliciously addicting. I've made it at least 3 times since Christmas. In fact, I just made a double batch on Super Bowl Sunday. We still have leftovers. I have been eating it for three days and I'm still enjoying every last bite of it.

It's really easy to make. Here's the recipe that I have been using.

2lbs chicken (no idea how much this is but I usually use about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
(1) 16 oz ranch or blue cheese dressing (I have only used Ranch - Hidden Valley)
1/2 bottle of buffalo hot sauce (I have only used Frank's Buffalo sauce)
1 package of cream cheese (anything that has cream cheese must be good, right?)
2 c. shredded cheese
9 x 13 pan
tostitos chips (we like the scoops)

Boil the chicken and tear or cut into small pieces. In a bowl, combine the chicken and buffalo sauce until all the chicken is coated. Spread chicken evenly in the pan. Mix together ranch and cream cheese with a mixer. Spread mixture evenly on top of chicken. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese/ranch mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve hot with tostitos chips.

Trust me. It's yummy. And, I don't believe there is anything remotely healthy about it.

And, FYI: the bottle of says 12 oz but when I measured out 6 oz (which is 1/2 of 12, right?) all you have left in the bottle is 4 oz which tells me that there really is only 10 oz in the bottle to begin with. Follow me? So, this last time when I made 2 batches, I used 6 oz of sauce in one pan, 4 oz of sauce in the other. Personally, I thought the pan with 6 oz was a bit hot, but Craig thought it was perfect. I tell you this so if any of my 2 readers decide to try this, you can always play around with the amount of buffalo sauce depending on how hot you like your food.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am also obsessed with this dip -- my SIL makes it, and it is soooo good! But you are right, there is NOTHING healthy about it :( that's why it's good, right?!

    ReplyDelete