Friday, February 11, 2011

Searching Ebay- Obsession #3

Like Etsy, I mostly just look when I go on Ebay. I have lots of fun just searching for various items to see if I can find a good deal. I could totally see how addicting shopping on Ebay could be. That's why I try not to visit too often. It's really easy to get caught up in the "bidding war" and end up spending more than you had anticipated. That's why setting a limit for myself is a good thing. A very good thing. I've really only actually purchased a few things on ebay. They include:

1. Vera Bradley bags - I bought a couple of bags on ebay for presents for others. (ok, ok, one was for me!)

2. Baseball bat - We recently purchased a baseball bat for Tate. It is one of those ridiculously expensive ones but we did get a much better deal on it through ebay than at a retail store. Craig took care of this purchase for us. Tate had wanted one for around 2 years so that's what we bought him for his 8th birthday.



3. J.Crew wool coat - This is my most recent purchase. It also is the first "used" item that I have bought from Ebay. I was hesitant and nervous at first about purchasing it. I usually don't buy J. Crew clothes so I wasn't sure about the sizing. The pictures and description were great but I was still a little nervous about it possibly not being exactly as described. When I received it, I was very, very pleased. The measurements, pictures, and description were right on! It fit perfectly and looked brand new (she said she had only worn it once and from the looks of it, I believe her!)


(I can't believe I'm putting such an incredibly dorky picture but it's the only one I've got of myself in the coat. I'm willing to be the center of public ridicule for the purpose of this post.)

So far, my experiences with ebay have been really positive. I try to always check out the sellers' rating scores and I am fairly picky/choosy when buying so maybe that helps as well.

Regardless of whether or not you actually buy an item, it is lots of fun to just search for random stuff and see what kind of deals you can get. I think I enjoy the searching as much as the buying.

Who am I kidding? I really like the buying and especially the knock on the door when the UPS truck is dropping off my new purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment