Thursday, February 10, 2011

Etsy is my friend - obsession #2

Recently, I rediscovered an old friend...Etsy. Oh, how I love thee. For those of you who don't know what Etsy is, let me explain. It is a market place of sorts where people have their own "shops" and sell mostly speciality items. Many of the items are handmade. I kind of think of it like an online craft show or festival because you can find all kinds of really cool handmade things like jewelry, crochet items, monogrammed stuff, etc. I am sure I am not doing Etsy justice in explaining what you can find there but hopefully you get the idea and will check it out yourselves.

Mostly, I just look on Etsy. There are lots of pretty things, and I like pretty things. Last year, I found some knee socks with crochet flowers on them for Cora. That was my first Etsy purchase. After that, I tried to stay away for fear of addiction.

For Ben's birthday, I returned to Etsy to find super cool Lego necklaces for his birthday. We gave each of the kids at the party a lego necklace as a party favor. (In case you didn't remember, it was a lego themed party.)



(see the cute green lego around his neck?)


This winter, I found a great shop for handmade crochet hats. I first had the girls each a hat made. Then, I went back for myself. Then, I went back for a few Christmas gifts. Every time I order something for someone else, after I see the finished product, I want one for myself.










One thing I must say about the transactions that I have had with Etsy...they have each been flawless. Excellent customer service and such great quality items. It is so nice to be able to have folks who are so great to buy from!

There are lots and lots of shops. I recently found one that makes the cutest little outfits. I really want to buy one for Ada's first birthday. I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. I am also obsessed with Etsy, but I try to stay away...dangerous!!

    ReplyDelete