Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The word of the week is...

Cora learned a new word this week. Wanna know what it is?  Uterus.  And, she has been using it ever since.  In a conversation I was having with another adult (Craig), I used this word.  Cora's little ears picked up on a word she doesn't often hear.  Inquisitive minds wanted to know what is a uterus.  So, I explained that a uterus is where a baby stays when it is in its' mommy's tummy.  Fairly innocent, straight forward answer.  Cora paused a moment, jumped off the chair she had been lounging on and declared, " When I grow up one day, maybe I will have a baby in my uterus."

And, so  her fascination with her new word began.  Soon after this little declaration, she began singing a song fashioned after one she has heard from the new Muppets Movie.  The song has a line in it that goes something like this:

I've got everything that I need right in front of me....

Cora's version goes something like this:

I've got everything that I need right here in my uterus...


She has sung her version of this song for 3 days now.  I am just waiting for her to tell her preschool teacher about her uterus, or her Sunday School teacher, or any random stranger at Wal-Mart. 


The girl cracks us up.





No comments:

Post a Comment