Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Morning Escapades

So....this morning was full of interesting conversations. Let me set the stage for you....It was around 6 am and none of the kids had gotten the memo to sleep in because It's Saturday! Ada Grace began to rouse from her sleep around 6:00 so I picked her up, held her and laid back down, hoping that she would fall back asleep and let me sleep in until at least 7:00. That's not asking for that much...but by 6:15 she had squirmed and wiggled and fought with her paci until I knew she was just too hungry to go back to sleep. As I was getting up to prepare her a bottle, Cora's eyes pop open and our conversations of the morning began.

Cora (to me): "TURN THE TV ON. GET ME SOMETHIN' TO DRINK."

And, as if on cue, Ben pops into our room to join our already crowded bed. All the while, Craig is attempting to continue to sleep.

I obligingly turn on cartoons, go get a bottle for Ada, a sippie for Cora, and return to feed Ada in the bed so that I could stay under the covers a while longer. As I am settling into the pillows, adjusting them so I can feed Ada, Craig must have turned over to face Cora. She begins WAILING, "Ooooh, Mommy! Daddy stinks, You STINK Daddy, MOVE, MOVE, MOVE..." Evidently, Craig's morning breath was not very appealing to Cora this morning!

During this little exchange, Ben has left and since returned with his pillow, blanket, and newly purchased light saber that lights up and has accompanying noises. As he settles into a "spot" on the bed, his light saber goes off and I shout, "May the force be with you!"

As Ben is settling in, Cora is now frantically searching for her bear and bunny both of which she has decided to name Lucy. (The bunny was Lucy first, then she got a new bear and I tried offering names like Bonnie, Daisy, and my personal favorite, Yogi Bear, but she insists it be named Lucy as well.) We find the bear and bunny and then Ben pipes up, "Let's throw away Cora's bear and bunny!" and then he laughs in typical big brother tormenting little sister fashion. Cora starts crying, "Ben's gonna throw away my bear and bunny!" in typical whiny, frantic little sister being tortured by big brother voice.

I then say, "No one is throwing away your Lucies, Cora."

Craig then says, " I'm still trying to sleep here."

What????

To which I reply, "There IS NO sleeping now..."

Let me just take a moment to remind you that all of this is going on while I am feeding Ada her morning bottle.

By the time all of this exchange has taken place, Ada is finished, and I now need to take a shower.

So, I escape to the shower and when I am finished and am re-entering the bedroom, this is what I overhear Ben saying to Cora, "I'll trade ya the vampire teeth that glow in the dark for ....." To which Cora replies, "Oh, I LOVE vampire teeth."

What?????

And, that folks is how we started our Saturday morning.


(And, by the way, the vampire teeth trading thing - it was Silly Bandz - the latest craze...)

Lolly

2 comments:

  1. You should re-name your blog "Birth Control"...I am totally kidding. :) What a sweet family. Vampire teeth and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! Watching/reading about our family is probably all the birth control needed for some folks! It can get pretty crazy around here pretty fast...but I wouldn't trade the crazy for anything in this world!

    ReplyDelete