Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome to LollyWood

There is a background story to this name. I am a detail person so get ready for the details to pour out. When I was in college, way back when, my roommate's niece couldn't say my name so she gave me my first, and only, nickname, Lolly. Only a select few people even use this nickname anymore - my husband, my roommate from college and anyone in her family, my best friend Leah will use it occasionally, and maybe a few others. So....I was trying to come up with something a little catchy for this blog (which I am totally new at, can't you tell?) and my husband and I were throwing out a few ideas. First, we thought of stuff that went along with the fact that he is a preacher like The Preacher's wife, The preacher's kids (then I could tell all of the stories of them misbehaving and blame it on the well known fact that ALL preacher's kids are not well-behaved merely for the sole fact of being a preacher's kid and it has nothing at all to do with me and my parenting skills or lack thereof), anyway, I digress. Which will probably happen a lot.

But, hang in there, occasionally there might be something good in here. Anyway, all of those names seemed to point too much at his vocation (preaching) which is not a bad thing, but since this blog was going to be written by me (and I am certainly not a preacher, just the wife) and be about ALL of us, then we decided the name should reflect that. Everyone with me? Good.

We then came up with Lolly's World (and began singing the Elmo's world song but changed it to Lolly's World). We really liked that one but then LollyWood came to mind and it just had a ring to it. It reminded us of Holly Wood and DollyWood and it made us laugh, so there you have it, LollyWood was born. (Let me just add, it doesn't take much for us to laugh especially after 10:00 at night).


So, here I am, starting a blog at 11:00 at night which is kind of late for me, but for some reason, I am still up trying to start this blog. My friend, Jill, is to blame for this. She started a blog this week and now I have to keep up with her and do it too. Actually, I have been hooked on a few blogs and was thinking of starting one and when she started hers, it gave me the perfect excuse. I can write about nonsense (and maybe even some important stuff) while at the same time share some cute stories and even cuter pictures of family and friends. I think this should be fun!


Now, I must be off to bed. Big weekend ahead. Big, big weekend ahead. 3 days of church camp. Some of the best times of the year with our church are just around the corner. Pray that all goes well with church camp this weekend.

Until next time...

Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment